"Is SnagIt v10 worth the $25. upgrade price ($50, new users). -No-"
17May2011 SnagIt v10 $25. to upgrade, ($50. for new buyers) is unrealistic. Nothing has really changed from v8 & v9, except a polished interface that resembles the Vista (worst system OS ever) look. For the $25. upgrade cost, *improvements* should add functionality, like: 1.Improved capture clarity (example: *Clear Type*) 2.Improved clarity of resized captures, (currently terrible) 3.Ability to import PDF files into Editor, (not just a workaround) 4.Ability to handle large capture files, 5.Ability to disable tasks (example: *shadow* in Editor), 6.Ability to save tasks (example: Border size and color), 7.Ability to launch Editor from Taskbar, 8.Ability to add SnagIt to *Open With* window selection, 9.Ability to reduce program to 'Taskbar' following capture *Save*, A. Is SangIt a excellent program? -Yes-. B. Should upgrades include "useful" improvements? -Yes-, C. Is a Vista looking v8 interface worth $25. -No-
- Excellent program. Have used every day for the last 4 years. Definitely worth the $25 upgrade (to v9.0) price paid in 2010.
- Good instructions,
- Good tutorials,
- Good user support forums,
- Good tech response time.
- (a) Not worth the additional $25. upgrade price to v10.
- (b) Claimed v10 improvements pretty much, already exist in v8 and v9.
- (c) $25. to look like Vista interface, seems excessive.
- (d) 100% price increase from v9/2010 purchased price, is greedy,
- (e) In this 2010 economy, $25 price is realistic, not $50.
- (f) 3,362,084 (Download.com stats) x 20% purchases x $25 = $16.8 Million.
- (g) With excellent alternative freeware available, $50. is overpriced.
- 17 May 2011
Questions and answers Snagit
- Under discussion
- 0 answers
- *****cannot translate without context********